Sunday, August 17, 2008

50/50

Alright so continuing my frustration from the other night, I'm exhausted of being mad all the time. Are we not in a new millenium? "Excuse me, but why isn't everything 50/50?"

Really, why isn't it? Regardless of children, why is it that when most women get married we seem to transform into super-wives. Cooking, cleaning, work, scheduling... I know my husband knew how to do all of these things before I came along but slowly after we got married, he experienced amnesia. Or as "Everybody Loves Raymond" would say, he dumbed down to get out of doing things.

I know that I will always get frustrated first and bent-out-shape because the house is messy or the beds aren't made. I have to learn to let go when asking Chay to do something AND actually let him do it. By me nagging and going back and re-doing it, he's only going to NOT do anything. And it's really not positive re-enforcement. I'm thinking of Olivia. It's not very good parenting to ask her to put away her books only for her to see me go back and reorganize them. Or when she wants to help fold hand towels and then she sees me refolding them. How pathetic. LET IT GO ALREADY!

Anyways, so the worse of two evils is yelling at my husband for doing something wrong after I asked him to do something because I couldn't.

NOTE TO SELF --- definitely something to improve upon.

No comments: