I am so proud of myself today! I ran 3.5 miles! Yea me. Starting running this summer was the best thing I could have done for myself. Now the goal is to keep this momentum going. I can't believe I'm going to do this, but I'm going to complete a triathlon by next year.
I can do this right? Half mile swim, 12 mile bike and 3.1 miles.
I know it's trendy these days to be a tri-athlete but really, if I don't commit to it now -- I'll never do it. And my body isn't getting younger. My metabolism is slowing so I can't sit and eat a whole pan of brownies and not think I'm going to see or feel it the next day.
Since I've decided to pay attention to my body, I realize that the face staring back in the mirror has aged. Really, age lines and discoloration. :( Sad. I guess for years I've been able to look at pictures from a certain time frame of my life and still see myself the same way. I'm not talking college pictures then jump to today. I see differences from last year's pics.
Alone in weight, I've gained 8 lbs from last year. 8 lbs makes a difference, no matter what type of body you have. Women sense every pound. I have never had a weight gain like that other than my "freshman fifteen". Since then, I've been a steady weight. Before my girls, inbetween my girls and then after. But over the course of Jan 08 - Jun 08, I gained 8 lbs.
Needless to say, I begin my triathlon training.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment