Monday, October 13, 2008

October

Halloween will be here before I know it. My girls have been asking every day for 2 weeks now if it's time to go trick-or-treating yet. How do they even remember from last year? They were 1 & 2 then? They're set with costumes. Madeleine wants to be Ro, Barbie Princess and Olivia wants to be Cinderella. Princesses, of course. They want to dress up every day and prance around in shoes and dance! The joy of being little girls!

Olivia's preschool had its pumpkin patch field trip last week. It was rainy and muddy. All the more enjoyable in searching for that perfect pumpkin! Madeleine came along that day and loved the mud puddles. The pumpkin finding was okay for her but she cried before we left because I wouldn't let her jump in a huge mud puddle she saw. They were wearing new rain boots (bought especially for this trip) and I had told her beforehand that they were only for rain and jumping in puddles. My mistake. Of course, I had to re-route and find puddles that weren't all mud before going home.

We just got home from a weekend in LaCrosse for the Hmong New Year. Unseasonable warm weather, I mean 75+. That just doesn't happen early Oct and the New Year there has never been warm. I've only ever been when it's rainy and frigid! I'm not complaining about warm weather; I just didn't have warm clothes packed for the trip so we were all roasting!

Here's hoping Halloween is just as warm!

No comments: