I want to be done with Christmas shopping. I love to shop but really, how much more can I get my almost 4 and 2 1/2 year old daughters? Why do I feel like what I already have is not enough?
Chay's definition is one or two per child. Which don't tell him but is true. When did Christmas become an overabundance of gift after gift? Some gifts great, some practical and others just crappy.
At this age, any child is happy with any gift. Big or small, the unwrapping of a box to see what's inside is a gift. What kind of example am I setting in overindulging? They already have everything they need or want. They ask and they usually receive. I am fortunate that I am able to splurge & satisfy their and mine every whim. They way they see it, what separates this holiday from any other day?
This is where the significance of religion comes in. However, we don't attend church and don't have a centered religious view. Honestly, I don't know where to begin as I'm not clear on where I stand. Bottomline, I would like for my girls to know the story of advent and not think of Christmas as gifts, gifts, gifts.
With that said, I love the holidays for the spirit of giving, the extra cheer, the snow and the glow is creates in most people. This is what I would like captured. If only I and everyone else could keep this spirit, what peace it could bring. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment