Monday, May 26, 2008

Goodbye Chicago :(

We are officially moved to Sheboygan Falls. I'm working on the unpacking but at least everything is here. We left an empty house in Chicago last Wednesday and although it was only a year and a half, I wasn't quite ready to leave.


I am just a city girl, through and through. When we left Madison, we were both ready for a change and a larger city. While we were in Chicago, we did take advantage of the museums, the aquarium, Navy Pier and downtown whenever we could. And of course the shopping! (Okay, that last statement only applies to me.) All the same, it's not as though we're moving to a desolete area where there will be nothing but I guess since it's not a hop, skip and walk away anymore it'll just take extra effort to get places and do things. Milwaukee is close enough and Chicago is only 2 1/2 hours away. Plus May, Dan & Daniel are there and our kids can't seem to get enough of each other!

Besides the city change, it was incredible to see our entire life boxed up. I'm fortunate the relocation provided packers because if it were up to me, I'd probably still be packing. I'm sure I would have stopped for every little thing and reminsced about something or other... Maybe I'm more sentimental because of all the memories of Madeleine & Olivia. First crawl, first walk, first potty training.... lots of firsts in Chicago. Anyhow, I now have the long road of unpacking and sorting.

I wish I could say the only thing we did last week was move but no, we returned to Falls only to pack up and spend Memorial weekend in Lacrosse. Yes, we were in Chicago for a week, spent a night in Falls and then packed up again for the long weekend. Goodness, I'm tired of traveling!

Now that the end is here, I can't believe I did it for soooo long! I really don't know how I did it. During our many car-rides, Chay and I were talking about all the drives I've made by myself over the last year with the girls. So many miles we've driven and so happy that that chapter is closing.

No comments: