It's a beautiful day. The sun is warm and the breeze is light. My girls and I spent late morning frollicking in their wading pool. Buckets of water later, I find myself in quiet as both my daughters are napping.
Last night Chay and I took the girls to family swim. It's a good thing we were both there because both daughters demanded undivided attention. Madeleine learned to jump into the pool at the deep end (3'6") and kick herself up to the top. The first few times she'd jump in while holding my hands. Then she'd jump in and I'd grab her as soon as she went under. Before you know it, she was kicking herself to the surface! Her last jump, I grabbed her while she was jumping in to make sure she knew I was still there to catch her and she got MAD at me! She climbed out of the pool and demanded to jump again all by herself!
I am amazed by her newfound discovery. Unfortunately now she thinks she really can swim and never wants me to hold her in the water.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment