Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Size Skinny

It's a sad day but I have finally parted with clothes from my 20s. Moving has made me come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to fit into the clothes I once wore when I was 24. (What was I thinking wearing some of the stuff I wore?!) As I've unpacked, I've tried on every little piece to make sure it still comfortably fits and that I actually will wear it again.

Needless to say, I have cut my wardrobe in half. Considering I run around most days in tshirts and jeans, I don't have a need for business clothes or "going-out" clothes. "Going-out"? Don't make me laugh. And work clothes? As a good friend said, "Think about it, when you do go back to work; are you really going to find another job that requires wearing suits every day"? Point taken. Whenever I do go back, trends will have changed and I'm sure I won't be able to resist shopping for that perfect interview suit. I am giving my suits a new home. My younger sis Nou is getting a good portion (she's always wanted to raid my closet!) and the rest is charity.

Here's a thought. I don't know about all the other moms out there but after having kids, I feel as though all my pre-maternity tops are too short. I'm always pulling and tugging at them to stretch them a bit longer. And my youngest is 2 now. Will that feeling ever go away or will I be forever shopping for long shirts?

Interestingly, cleaning out my closet has brought me a huge sigh of relief. I just had waaaay too many clothes and just couldn't or wouldn't let go. Did I mention handbags, belts and accessories? Yes, all out the door too!

Whenever I start adding to my wardrobe again, I'm looking forward to shopping my age! I'm not in my 20s anymore and I don't want to look like it. Baby tees are comfortable to wear but this mom doesn't need to be showing her stretch-marked belly to every one.

No comments: