Tuesday, June 17, 2008

...So Good

I really should work out more. This "skinny-fat" body is turning into "fat-fat". Both my girls went to bed at 7:30pm tonight (early considering lately it's been 9:30p or 10:00p) so after 30 minutes of laying on my bed surfing channels, I decided to go for a walk.

The sun was starting to set as I walked out the front door and the breeze was perfect. Still daylight but not too hot and no bugs. I thought I'd test myself and walk the circle drive to the end of the condos and then maybe try running. To my amazement, I had enough energy (built up laziness & angst) to run the entire golf cart path on this half of the golf course. 1 1/2 miles!

Up and down hills and trying to keep a steady pace, I kept telling myself, "Okay I'll run to that first house". Then it was, "I'll run to the entrance of the golf cart path." "Okay, I'll probably only make it back to the first turn by the condos." And before you know it, I was on my third winding path up a hill and back down again. The worst part of the path is the huge hill on Hole 1, but I made it and passed the clubhouse before rounding my way back to our driveway. I was feeling so good, I kept going! I made it all the way back to the golf cart entrance before stopping. And I stopped for no reason so after walking 200 yds, I started running again. I completely underestimated my endurance.

I don't know where this surge of energy came from but I wish I had it every night. Ok, who am I kidding, at least every other night. I needed this kickstart to get my lazy butt in shape! I have been so lazy the last 10 years! I've never had to worry about eating sweets or carbs or whatever, but in the last 5 months, I gained 8 lbs. I have been at a steady weight since having Madeleine and was even 10 lbs lighter last summer in Miami. So this 8 lbs is very noticeable! Whether it's a combination of eating too many sweets & sugars or new birth control or lack of exercise, my body is hurting.

My bulging tummy, my flabby thighs and my lackluster energy. Nothing to brag about. Unfortunately it's been Chay and our daughters that have gotten the short end of the stick. My snapping attitude, my lagging umph and my unhappy mood. Needless to say, I am sick of being unfit and making excuses. If I continued at that pace, I would be afraid to face myself next summer.

Thank you to my girls who went to bed early tonight and thank you to summer tv for having nothing to watch. I have been pathetic at laying in bed and curling up to nonsense reality tv and letting my body terribly age.

So now I just have to remind myself of this EVERY time I don't feel and don't think I have the energy to exercise. This is my promise to a healthier start. Swim, bike, run --- I need to keep my body moving.

No comments: