We took a short trip to visit my parents yesterday. We live close enough now that we're able to drive up, spend the day, have dinner and then drive home. We haven't seen my parents since mid-April so it was nice to get home.
Unfortunately, our drive up was quite scary as we nearly missed a major car accident. And when I say near miss, I mean "stomping-on-my-brakes-so-fast-so-hard-I-left-tire-marks". It was an accident I never want to see again.
Traffic was already slowing but the two cars in front were tailgating. I could see red lights in the distance so I slowed and began to brake. Suddenly, all traffic stopped and the car directly in front rear-ended the car in front of it. That 2nd car swerved into the right lane before swerving back and landing 180 opposite traffic. We had hoped it would end there.
But no, in the commotion of the car swerving lanes, it bumped an SUV. I'm not sure exactly what happened --- only that the SUV spun 360, flipped over into the median ditch and rolled over into oncoming traffic. Oncoming traffic was scrambling, bracing themselves for impact into that SUV. To make matters worse, a semi was coming and it screeched its brakes frantically trying to stop. It started to fishtail and all I could think was, "Oh God, please let that semi stop! Please let that semi stop!" There must of been many of us praying because fortunately the semi stopped just short of tapping the SUV's bumper. If that semi would not have stopped; it would have plowed straight through that SUV and into our minivan. I shudder at the thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment