Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I Walk Away

My 3 year old Olivia told me today that she wanted to walk away from me ! She was very upset about the morning's doctor visit and then our daily mailbox walk. Obviously, I had hurt her feelings beyond repair. Can you believe that? "I WALK AWAY!" It broke my heart. :(

When did she discover that she could just walk away? And be so mad at that? Self-reflection here, but do I act that way in front of her that she sees that as a solution. It was really cute at first but the more I think about it, the more I analyze where it all came from. ??? Which of course leads me to think, am I setting a bad example? I see myself in her is so many ways...so many little ways. She's so OCD already. She knows the words "perfect" and "not right" and gets beyond upset when things do not go exactly her way. She thrives on order; exact placement and precise order. Her latest demand? She always has to have the second one of something. If there's something at a store she sees, she always asks to see the second one. Never the first. Weird idiosyncrasies I can't figure out.

My only guess is that she's learned my bad habits of perfection. Ugh.

No comments: