One day home to grocery shop, do laundry and pack for an extended weekend in the Dells. We just got home last night from the weekend at my parents. My sisters and their families were also visiting. There were plenty of nieces and nephews to keep everyone busy.
July 4th we spent at the local celebration enjoying shaded play and kiddie rides. It had everything my girls love: carriage rides, huge inflatables, and a train. Needless to say, we spent our fair share entertaining the girls. And the fireworks? The most memorable was probably the glow-necklaces. Go figure!
Saturday, we adventured to Bay Beach in Green Bay and had another fun-filled day. Kiddies rides galore at 25 cents a ride; what parent could complain? Happily, we took Sunday off and went shopping. :) Monday, my older sis arrived and we took our girls to a toddler-friendly arcade. Surprisingly, a good buy there too. The carousel could have provided the whole day's entertainment. Alright maybe not but add the ball pit and we were golden.
All in all, a fun weekend catching up with my sisters and spent with our mom.
P.S. Only Madeleine and I managed to catch a cold this weekend. Upon walking in the door I took some meds and went to bed. Slept great except I woke at 5:30am wide awake. Don't know where my energy came from but I kicked myself into gear and went out for a run. It felt great! (I may have to convert to morning running.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment